Hi there! Welcome to my GIRLY SPAZMS. I am most productive when I'm about to lose it. Easily distracted and daydreaming, I fight my way through the day just so I have moments like these. Please visit often as I am updating and adding new things when time allows . Feel free to drop me a line. Say hi, leave comments, suggestions, feedback & your experiences . Thanks for visiting my crafty blog & be sure to check out my etsy shop too.

9/15/10

My Vintage Serger/ Overlock..

Whatever you want to call it, it's mine!!!
Finally, after months and months of debate, and even contemplating the idea of getting a very high end serger. I finally have one to call my own.

Those cute sweet little old ladies in those sewing shops try to sucker you in, and get the machine there, make you think you are totally incapable of threading this on your own, saying "with just a puff of air, your machine is threaded." Shoot! I was ready to sign my $ away & get one. I was strong, I resisted, even with a migraine and frustration of searching and searching, reading review after review thinking this torture would never end. I finally have one. 
I can even recall burying my face into a pillow a couple times and screaming.   


After yet, another frustrating weekend of looking, visiting shops, and searching endlessly online during Labor Day weekend, Monday night (Labor Day) on ebay, a buy it now, I fell in love. Seriously, I'm so happy. Priced well below my budget, I love her! She's a sergemate Campanion 5040 made several years ago, by a company associated with babylock (don't take my word for it, I found that info on a forum online). FedEx took longer than I thought, but its here!!!! It came with the manual. I threaded it, which I will admit can be a little confusing since I consider myself a beginner, but when everything was finally in place, it ran well, and I can't wait to make something with it. 

I just ran scraps through it. I even had the kiddos try it out, and they were pretty impressed.  Everything seems to be running smoothly, and the ebay seller said it was barely used, so I totally scored with this one. Best of all my hubby bought it for me, and got me a serger book that I really wanted. I was just chatting with him about it, and showed him through IM & BAM! I got the email confirming it was ordered and on its way. 
I'm totally a lucky girl!
I think the best thing is that while I was really panicking about the cost of spools of thread, because this was such a great deal, the money we would have spent to buy a low-end machine can now be used guiltless-ly  on my thread supply. 


Isn't she cute! Pink!!!!



 Girly moment... I've never really been a "pink" kinda girl, but she's cute, right!? :D

I think for my first project, I'm going to make myself an iron cover. Like this... 


I'll update when I'm done. Hope you all are having a nice day! Happy Hump Day! We're almost there. Oh! And the Santa Clara Arts & Wine Festival is this weekend too! I'm volunteering! yay!!! Life is good..... :) <3


shen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!