Hi there! Welcome to my GIRLY SPAZMS. I am most productive when I'm about to lose it. Easily distracted and daydreaming, I fight my way through the day just so I have moments like these. Please visit often as I am updating and adding new things when time allows . Feel free to drop me a line. Say hi, leave comments, suggestions, feedback & your experiences . Thanks for visiting my crafty blog & be sure to check out my etsy shop too.

10/12/09

The sriracha project





This was my first yudu project, and it was a lot of fun. Putting the art together was a tad bit annoying, but I wanted it to be as accurate as possible, so I took a picture, and played around with it in picasa and paint for a little bit. Some of the characters were not clear so I had to go online, and try to get a better image.
When I finally got it all together, I caught my misspelling, and had to go back and edit it again.
It took me a little more than two hours. I left out some things from the bottle, but I think when I make a new image (larger), I will add a couple of the features.

The project didn't go flawless, I screwed up an emulsion sheet (the photo film), and had to use another. I got excited and forgot to take of the plastic sheet backing, burnt the image on, and well...I couldn't peel it off after. You need to be able to remove it or the ink won't go onto the object you are trying to print.

When I first got the yudu, I was, of course, trying to get everything for the yudu, a lot of "yudu" brand things are pricey (even on ebay) and you don't get a lot of it. Then I started finding little "cheats" here and there, and well...I ended up getting speedball (brand) ink at University Art . I have one right down the street! I love that place. I also bought the emulsion remover too.
Anyways, despite the disclaimer from the yudu company, you can TOTALLY use speedball ink. Acutally, I recommend it. The quality is so much better.

So anyways, where did I go wrong? Well, through my excitement, I didn't let the screen dry completely and some of my images spread on the shirt. Its not as noticeable, but if you know me, I NOTICED!!!





The story behind the project
My brother-in-law, Robert (AKA DJ Otrebor) loves sriracha. He's even a "fan" of it on facebook. Well, he's about to turn 30, and I thought this would be a nice gift for him. I hope he likes it. I'm hoping that I can get a good shot of him wearing it when he's spinning.
If I do, I'll put it up for sure.

Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions. :)



1 comment:

Leave a comment!