Hi there! Welcome to my GIRLY SPAZMS. I am most productive when I'm about to lose it. Easily distracted and daydreaming, I fight my way through the day just so I have moments like these. Please visit often as I am updating and adding new things when time allows . Feel free to drop me a line. Say hi, leave comments, suggestions, feedback & your experiences . Thanks for visiting my crafty blog & be sure to check out my etsy shop too.

5/23/10

easy upcycle jar project...

So I've had these huge kimchi jars (large enough to stick your fist in them) sitting & soaking on the kitchen counter for quite some time. I've wanted to re use them, but didn't know what for. Then I decided that I'd put them in my craft room, but the bright red top had to go... so I spray painted them white. And when I said "I" , I really meant that I did them this time, no help from the hubby & I must say I did a pretty impressive job.. 
I didn't want the red to show through, so white was the safe color for me.. 
Spray painted inside & out... Not to thick, or it will peel off the plastic..   
 

See not too bad right...

I did about 3 coats of very light spray painting just to cover up the red enough..

Then with some heavy duty jute cord from the local hardware store (In my case Lowes) & some craft glue.... 
I began from the side of the lid & worked my way to the middle of the lid...
It looks tidious, I know, but seriously it didnt take that long. May 10 minutes the most for each lid...  Then ... ! Beautiful! 



One of them now holds scraps of cork board from my recently completed cork board project...
The others... I'm sure I'll find something to put in them soon...
I love that I was able to reuse these containers... 

Now, with probably more than 100 feet left of jute...I wonder what else I can do this too! hee hee hee...  ::evil grin:: 

Thanks for looking, hope this inspires you to upcycle something wonderful!
shen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!