Hi there! Welcome to my GIRLY SPAZMS. I am most productive when I'm about to lose it. Easily distracted and daydreaming, I fight my way through the day just so I have moments like these. Please visit often as I am updating and adding new things when time allows . Feel free to drop me a line. Say hi, leave comments, suggestions, feedback & your experiences . Thanks for visiting my crafty blog & be sure to check out my etsy shop too.

4/1/13

Easter Deco, Spring, and thrift shopping...

Hi there everyone! 
So Here's just a few pictures of what I did for Easter/ Spring.. We don't normally decorate, but since I had a few days to spare, and did some projects here and there. I was able to make a few things to put around the house to hint the celebration of spring... 


First... Maylin in a box

This wood sign was a family effort. Father & son put the pieces of wood together. I stained the wood, and Sam helped pick out the font for LOVE. Then the two men put it up on the wall.
It came out perfect. I love the wood grain look. 

I made rosettes thanks to the Cricut Ribbons & Rosettes cartridge.  

I made a cute little banner to hang in the biggest Easter basket we had. 
The bunny in the basket was sewn by me made from left over fabric I had from a skirt I made. 


Sam & I made this cute colorful embroidery thread wrapped tree.
I have the pictures for a tutorial, and hope to have it up ASAP.
We tried our best to find bunnies, but ended up making our own.
The one on the right is lip gloss we just happen to come across.
We added moss & those cute little baskets w/ mini eggs in them were just a luck find at Michael's.
The bunny on the left was handmade by wrapping yarn around a plastic egg. I thought he came out pretty cute considering I made him in less than 5 minutes.  


Cute finds at target included these cute little plastic eggs. 


Lent is over! Hurray for Candies!!! 

The day before Easter I had a mommy day with my son, and we went thrifting/ treasure hunting.
We had so much fun trying to figure out weird gadgets, playing w/ toys. Some of our finds included these faux moss balls for $2. I'll probably put them in a glass jar or something.
Tony actually thought they were my marimos out of the water. 

New in package a new beater scraper blade! $1!  To think I almost bought one a couple weeks ago for $20. 

Also new in package 8 different edges for $2. Retails for $15 at some stores.
Talk about lucky right!? 

Happy Easter from our family to yours. 
Tah tah for now! Meow! 

shen

1 comment:

  1. Love all your easter decor! The bunny-super cute to use your left over fabric. I'm so into creating new things form old things :)

    Have a Wonderful day!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!